Founder of Vanity Girl Hollywood and First Vice Chair of the West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
Follow her stories at www.TheVanityDiaries.com
'Tis the season to get your homes, events and businesses ready for the Holidays. My clients always have a specific goal in mind, and here are my 9 favorite tips for getting your space glamorous for the season, and I've included some easy-to-find links to online stores.
However, we do live in the heart of the Creative City so I strongly encourage you to take a walk around (perhaps to my neighborhood of the West Hollywood Design District?) for some truly beautiful and bespoke holiday options.
Select a style and color palette, then stick to it! Remember to only use ornaments that fit your theme.
1. For a Glamorously guilded look, use silver and gold ornaments with white LED lighting.
2. For a Classic theme display, use red and green ornaments with colored lights.
3. For a High-Style look, keep to a monochromatic color scheme and pair it with the same color lighting .
4. For a Designer tree, have it flocked to a fun color (try millennial pink!), and pair it with velvet ribbon and clear lighting. http://www.michaels.com
Speaking of which, lighting is everything!
1. Stick to one style of lights because different light strands can clash.
2. Start by wrapping your tree in a circular pattern from bottom to the top (let me know if you'd like me to make a video or FB Live about that!)
3. Always daisy chain your strands because it will make taking them down a lot easier.
4. Connect your lighting system to a timer; this will give you weeks of enjoyment without the hassle of having to turn them on and off each day. https://www.target.com/c/christmas-lights-string/controlled-by-smartphone-app/-/N-5xt2wZ54wy5
And to Top Everything Off ...
Instead of an angel or a star use a decorative finial, large bow or create a faux-floral display
About Chamber Member Allan DallaTorre:
Allan DallaTorre is Lighting & Décor Expert and owner at L.A. Event Lighting. He has years of experience holiday decorating for small to large spaces and specializes in theme environment lighting and décor. He has been a great asset to the Chamber for many events through the years and we encourage you to contact him for your next event or Holiday window display. His wireless LED options make it easy to bring more foot traffic into your business.
Follow him at Instagram: @DallaTorre @LAeventLights